Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Starbucks Malaysia 10th Anniversary - Soft leather 2009 Planner

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Starbucks presence in Malaysia, Starbucks Malaysia has released limited edition 2009 leather planners as well as commemorative 16oz tumblers. You can get the planner during the whole month of December for RM18 with every purchase of a Grande-sized drink and the tumbler for RM10 with every Grande drink.

I only found out from this blog post, and had not noticed (any) ad in the papers (if any). So while I was out, I killed two birds with one stone and decided to check out the new SS2 'Bucks store.

I asked the barista (the store wasn't that busy at the time; I came in about 8 something in the p.m.) who was serving me about the planners and I got to leaf through the sample they had out on the counter. It looks pretty nice inside (which you can't tell from the pictures cos I don't intend to break the plastic to take it out and take more pictures of the inside to show you), and it's a ring binder type so you could (probably) refill it when you've used it.

The barista told me that it's so limited that even the partners would have to get them the same way as the rest of us. Can't help but think that I'm being BS-ed.

So I got one for keeps.


The planner looks really nice - Moleskine-sque, if you ask me (haha) because of the strap and also the back pocket. Of course you know that it's only for the Malaysian market as I flipped through you can see the Malaysian public holidays marked out in the calendars. (Which makes selling them on eBay a little erm, pointless... unless serious collectors are involved).

The nice barista then asked me if I wanted a bag for the planner, I say sure because I know the Starbucks paper bags are of pretty good stock and quality. (It's one of the few exceptions I make to my "no plastic bag" rule, haha.)

And besides, the red paper bags they've got for the holidays are quite adorable.


As far as gift ideas go, spending nearly RM30 (as Grande-sized drinks start from RM10 onwards) can be a little extreme for some people. But as a collector's item, it's not bad a price to pay. RM1 of every planner purchase will be donated to charity.

Reminder to self: No more Grande-sized Signature Hot Chocolate - I got pretty
jelak 2/3 of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment