Saturday, December 4, 2021

First Impressions: Pavilion Bukit Jalil

With plenty of leave left this year, I took one of those days to go check out Pavilion Bukit Jalil, which finally opened.

First problem: ALL THE ILLEGALLY PARKED CARS NEAR THE RESIDENTIAL AREA CLOGGING UP THE ROADS. WTFBBQ.

Between the roads being closed and parked cars clogging up one of the roads in, it took me about 15 minutes (maybe more) to find a way into the parking lot... which luckily, was free for the next few days. But still. Still got the parking ticket in my wallet now cos the exit gantries were wide open at exit, so...

If you're driving from PJ and taking the Bukit Jalil highway, the Waze directions sucks balls (more than usual; I swear Waze is like the 21st century version of Michelin award in that they're in cahoots for you to spend more time in your car driving in circles). There's a least a bunch more entrances that it leads on, personally (if you're on the Bukit Jalil highway from PJ) I would stick to keep straight, on the left lane (don't go on the ramp) until you see a parking entrance and go there. Don't do what I did and waste time navigating the clogged roads, traffic cops and people more sesat than me. 

Second issue: NOT ENOUGH OPEN EATERIES (?)

All the F&B places that opened today were SWAMPED. I get that it's their first day of business and they have to maintain pandemic SOP for dine-in or whatever, but there were lines to go in EVERYWHERE, even the supermarket (The Food Merchant, which is basically by the people behind Village Grocer) took 20 minutes to get into. 

I dunno if the sudden announcement of a Federal Territories day off had anything to do with the sudden influx of people (it might have?) on what was supposed to be a usual work day, but yah. Even the lines for the goodie bag redemption (methinks they might've set the bar too low with the RM10 minimum spend for a goodie bag and spin - I didn't even bother for my second RM10-something receipt I had because I didn't want to go back in line for a third time). 

I will admit that I might've snapped at some people because of how cranky/hangry I got. Yes, you might have a point in that I brought this unto myself, but still. So you might want go on a full stomach if you want to meander there over the weekend. 

Yup, they brought the Spanish steps to Bukit Jalil

What's in the bag? Well... 

I would say this is not too shabby; no wonder can give out so many of them

Parking is not too shabby; could be worse?

I would say it's (AT BEST) 30% of the place is actually up and running. Also, the place is too damn big lah. 

It's only Friday and already it's such a clusterfuck, I don't even want to imagine how it would be over the weekend lah, even with free parking. So, good luck and god speed? 

No hurry to go back there any time soon la for me, even when everything else opens in the future... 


No comments:

Post a Comment