Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Haz My BR1M 2.0

Last year it was announced during the budget that unmarried singletons (even divorcees/widows/widowers) over 21, with no "tanggungan" (kids), not already enrolled in local universities, make below RM2,000 was gonna get RM250 from the gahmen

I applied for the BR1M 2.0 online several months ago just to see whether I would get it, and I got the letter a few days before I was supposed to collect this week. (Woo hoo - gahmen angpau!) Fortunately, I did not have far to go.

Either because it was a work day or people my age are richer than I thought, I was in and out within minutes. Can't complain. Anyhow, you bring the BR1M 2.0 letter and your IC along to the first counter, where they check your name against the list, give you a voucher, then you shuffle along to the second counter where they verify the voucher and check to make sure that it's actually you (with the card readers), and finally to the (representative bank's) counter to cash out aforementioned voucher and off you go.



In retrospect, I probably should've driven instead of walked in the hot afternoon sun :P

No comments:

Post a Comment