Thursday, July 18, 2013

RED 2

Scored a pair of last minute passes to the preview screening of RED 2 at Tropicana City Mall last night. Seats I got were not too bad. As much as I wouldn't have minded paying to watch this, but I'm not complaining if I don't have to pay either. Besides, I enjoyed the first movie. 

In case you don't know what it's about... 
Retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device.
Almost everyone is back, with the addition of Lee Byung-Hun, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones (who plays a not-very convincing Russian), and David Thewlis. 

It's basically Bruce Willis doing what Bruce Willis does; but what you want to crack the wallet open for is to watch Dame Helen Mirren gets to be a badass with guns. 'Nuff said. 
  • My inner 13-year old boy was a little sad that Lee Byung-Hun's character's name is Han Cho Bai. 
  • I'm a little sad that Ernest Borgnine didn't live long enough to reprise his role from the first movie. But we wouldn't know for sure that he would be in the movie even if he was still alive...
Long story short: If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy this one too. Even my friend who didn't see the first movie thought this was a fun movie. 

I read that they're working on a third movie - I hope they do it fast before more people leave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment