Sunday, March 27, 2022

Phoon Chi Ho: I Need the Money

Got a ticket to see this less than a couple hours before showtime on the Peatix site because I had gone through most of the things I'd be catching up on during the home quarantine, and I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it if I bought a ticket earlier on. 

This time I found parking nearby unaccosted and after killing a few minutes in the 7-Eleven across the road, I made my way upstairs to the Drum Asia, checked in with the guys on the Peatix app (Prakash remembered me from the last show last month), bought a drink (not the tuak, sadly - bottle seemed too much for my own consumption) and got a seat. Attendance was probably about 35 people, tops; which is ok but not exactly a full house. I even got a table all to myself without having to share with a rando. 

Prakash hosted, which also means there's crowd work involved. I was seated far back enough that it didn't happen to me. (Also helps that I wasn't there that early that I would have to sit in front or whatever). 

Because it's those guys, Brian was the opening/feature act. NGL, kinda funny but the fatigue from the day was kicking in. 

Chi Ho finally came on stage and did almost an hour (which felt like more cos my butt was asleep and I can't get up to stretch cos the show was still going on; times like this I miss having the intermission). Some old material, some new, but pretty entertaining for the most part. 

It was already past 11 p.m. when I got home.


No comments:

Post a Comment