Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Fall Guy

Today being a public holiday, I know I might as well spend the day at the movies. But there weren't a lot of morning screenings of The Fall Guy happening, and I didn't want to spend THAT much to watch it. So that's how I ended up at the (now) GSC in Starling, that I've probably not been back to since before it became a GSC? Also managed to snag decent enough street parking outside that I didn't need to worry about the mall parking. 

With so few morning screenings around, the room I was in was about half filled, which is to be expected, I guess, but I'm okay with that. Also the first time in a long while I was actually early, and not just rushing in either right before it actually starts (which is like at least 15 minutes past the stated time), or some minutes into the movie. 

  • Dunno why they played the trailer for Furiousa before this movie, other than because they're both filmed in Australia or whatever. 
  • Who doesn't love a dog who understands French commands and has ball biting as one of its tricks? That dog is funny AF.
  • Emily Blunt singing Phil Collins's (not Genesis) Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) during the crew karaoke scene set me off a little (at least they didn't cut this with the Mariah cover LOL). If nothing else, the song choices in this is a bit too on the nose, if you ask me... 
  • At least Stephanie Hsu got to do some fighting in this piece, even though she wasn't in it all that much. 
  • Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling playing up the so-called Barbenheimer rivalry in the promotion of this movie was kinda ehh, but whatever.
  • And they made full use of Winston Duke and his physicality. 
  • I forgot Aaron Taylor-Johnson was in Bullet Train.. 
  • Had no idea this was kinda loosely based on a TV show from back in the day. No wonder there were cameos I had not recognised (when the camera panned on a face for a touch too long, I know it's a cameo, but I had no idea it was Lee Majors.)
It felt a bit too long at a little over 2 hours, but as long as it can wrap itself up without starting yet another freaking franchise, I think I can live with that. But it was also kinda funny in some parts (based on the laughter in the room), so it's not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment