Thursday, January 3, 2013

Forks Over Knives

Decided to watch the documentary, Forks Over Knives, as the local rag had a free screening at the second home. Even had an early dinner so that I didn't have to complain about the retired aunties and uncles who have been in line since 5 something in the P.M (had the really chatty auntie in front of me in line go ask). When I got there around 7 something, there was another line for another screening (for End of Watch, the one where Jake Gyllenhaal plays a cop), which was way longer than the line I was in (gee, I don't know why :P). 

It's main premise is that "most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods." In other words, go vegan for your health. (Those famous Hollywood vegans might have something there :P)

The room wasn't terribly crowded (but mostly consist of older folk; I was probably one of a handful of under-30s there), but I don't if that's because the rest snuck off  to see End of Watch or what, but oh well. 

Well, it was a good thing that I didn't really pay to watch it because the 90-minute run time could be way shorter if it wasn't so repetitive at times. It was okay, but not exactly Morgan Spurlock compelling.

There were also disclaimers in the beginning, the usual about seeing your physician before undertaking a new diet, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment