Monday, March 4, 2013

CoffeeSociété, Publika

Was at Publika to check out Little Red Market at White Box (the gallery space), and came away with nothing (too many baby and child oriented products for me, but then again I'm not the target audience, anyway...?). So I wandered back into the mall and decided to go to CoffeeSociété for lunch before going home.

It was pretty busy when I got there around 12 something. Found a seat at the huge table in the middle, which I'm okay with. Attempted to order a salad, only to be told that they had run out T_T So much for my eating more greens :P


Ordered the basic brunch plate (RM13) and I specifically asked that they leave out the baked beans. I was expecting everything else minus the baked beans; what I didn't expect was that they would replace the baked beans with something else - the hash browns. I don't know if this was my exact order, or some miscommunication took place I don't know. The mushrooms and hash browns were adequately seasoned; bread and rocket - no complaints; scrambled eggs - appreciated that you get to season the eggs yourself, but there was just too much of it for me personally (I would rather have more mushroom; they were pretty stingy with those). 

Waited quite a bit for it (because I was spending way too much time on the WiFi and felt that too much time has passed) and by the time it came, my coffee was cold. I thought it was interesting that their water came in dark brown glass bottles and the glasses were still warm and the waitstaff brought them without me asking. 

The mocha (RM8.90; cheaper than Artisan Roast :P) was not bad; had to overcome my habit to ask for sugar (it was fine as it was, really).


Food and coffee was alright, but the service was so-so for that time of day. Luckily I had just enough cash to pay because they don't take card payment. Ish.

D4-G3-3A, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment