Thursday, June 12, 2008

Amazing Grace

Finally decided to catch Amazing Grace last night at 1U's GSC for the heck of it (for the most part). Also saw it because I wanted (or needed) to see both Ioan Gruffudd and Sir Michael Gambon in buckled shoes and powdered wigs, and not in spandex and wizard's cloak (haha).

Long and short of the story is how a young MP (William Wilberforce) who tries for years to get slavery abolished in Britain in the late 18th century. Based on historical events, but not entirely accurate. (Yes, yes I know - it IS a movie after all)

I've only this stupid thought: So Wilber tells his wife to be Barbara in the garden that he had a pet hare that "died of kindness". Later on their wedding day, she was seen carrying a HUGE hare out of the room so that her husband and the PM can catch up. Same creature or not? Hmm...

Personally, I though it was ai'ite. Liked it enough that it didn't put me to sleep. Also doesn't hurt that Ioan Gruffudd is in this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment