Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey

Finished reading Chuck Palahniuk's Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey (which I wasn't willing to pay even RM20 for) - if you need to ask, then I won't bother answering how I managed.

It's basically the life and history of this guy, Buster "Rant" Casey as told to his friends by everyone after Rant died, about how he single handed caused a rabies outbreak ("the worst Patient Zero"). There's not so much of a normal narrative, but more like sound bites. (I can imagine this as a documentary of sorts, if there's ever gonna be a movie made about this, like Choke).

One, not terribly formulaic. (Which had been Mr Palahniuk's problem in the past).

Two, it's pretty damn out there.

Three, I'm starting to hate these dystopia-themed novels.

P.S. The book site's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment