Sunday, July 13, 2008

Testing the Ambank NexG Card - Online Purchase

I finally got round to properly submitting the registration forms for the NexG card I won about a couple of weekends ago at the SS2 Ambank branch which opened on Sundays. Couldn't get it running sooner due to my own daftness and fuzzy instructions in the starter pack. Though it took a while, but... I finally got the PIN mailer a couple of days ago. So while I was in 1U, I found an ATM to change the PIN number and basically (and finally) activated the card.

One of the things I wanted to try with the card was to buy something online.

So I went to CD WOW! (which ships worldwide for free) and selected a copy of Sigur Ros's new CD, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly) which is selling for £7.99. It might sound expensive (costing nearly RM60), but compared to how much it might be sold if I ever find it in stores here... and as I didn't put the RM100 in the card to start with, whateverlah. The transaction seems to have gone through, so I'm now just gonna wait for the CD to arrive in 7 - 10 days (rest of the world estimate shipping time) after I get an email telling me that they've sent it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment