Done listening to the audio version of Lewis Black's latest book, Me of Little Faith. It's funny how one of America's angriest comics (the rest are either dead or doing TV shows) wrote a book about religion. The basic gist of the book is his exploration of the major religions from the non practicing, unorthodox Jewish comedian perspective. He goes through the list of religions (Islam, Mormonism, Catholicism, etc), how he feels about them, explaining why he could never convert to said religion.
I personally like audio books that are also read by the author, so listening to Lewis Black reading his own book was more real than hearing anyone else reading someone else's book. There are exceptions of course, but I digress.
Highly doubt that I'll find a cheap print version anytime soon, so I'll settle with whatever I can get. Actually, anything that keeps me awake during the workday is pretty good in my book already. I like his lists of why he loves and hates God, Prayer from George Bush, and The Suicide Bomber's Prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
NGL, didn't know that much going into this , but the only marketing I recall was on Late Night with Seth Meyers because the guy who wro...
-
First angmo gig this year. When it was announced that this iteration of MEW was coming to an end (frontman Jonas is leaving to pursue other...
-
Bit of a late post, since this was earlier in the month, so... oh wells. Got my ticket kinda late; kinda kicking myself on missing the earl...
No comments:
Post a Comment