Saturday, August 30, 2008

MPH stock clearance sale

Finally got the time to check out the MPH stock clearance sale at the Bandar Utama community hall. Parking was hellish because of the crazy asshole drivers: I spotted an empty lot, but the bitch in the MyVi behind me nearly kissed my butt so closely that I couldn't reverse in to park so I had to keep moving or stop traffic flow definitely. Stupid bitch - ended up double parking beside another car outside the hall (I parked in a way that it wouldn't disturb the traffic flow more than it is).

In sum: More crowded than the Times sale in HSC, but the selection of books wasn't too bad. However, the prices could stand to be a LOT better (a lot of half priced items, but the original price also pretty damn expensive, and not cheap enough for me).

All that aside, I did come away with 4 books:
  • Clive Barker - Mister B. Gone (RM19, first edition hard cover)
  • James McGee - Resurrectionist (RM15, large paperback - I suspect this may or may not be a movie in the future)
  • Bob Newhart - I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This! And Other Things That Strike Me as Funny (RM 19)
  • Michelle Goodman - The Anti 9 to 5 Guide: Practical Career Advice for Women Who Think Outside the Cube (RM17)
While we're on the subject of books and reading... I'm done reading Eric Schlosser's Reefer Madness: And Other Tales from the American Underground (which I may or may not blog about in the future) and the new True Singapore Ghost Stories in the last couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment