Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On the second day of niu year...

I finally used up the birthday voucher I got from Times (20% + RM3 discount) at the newly remodeled BSC outlet, which now looks more like the other outlets in the Valley. Wanted to use it on another Stephen Fry book, but there was only The Liar in the store (that I had already read) and I can't be arsed to make the trip down to Pavilion at the time, so I ended up with Sudi Pigott's How to be a Better Foodie, which sounded interesting to the armchair foodie like myself.

Later drove to the city centre and stopped at Low Yat because the sibling wanted to look for phone parts for the mater and ended getting a cooling fan for HIS computer. Most of the place was closed for the holidays so we only ended up paying RM2 first hour parking there. I love driving to KL when the rest of the population is out of town for the holidays - the traffic was excellent: very few cars on the road.

For lunch we stopped at the Sri Menanti ikan bakar stall on Jalan Bellamy, near the palace. There were a couple other similar stalls in close proximity. As I wasn't sure which one it was, we went with the one that had the most people (duh); that, and then the sign also declares itself "THE ONE", haha. For a while there I just wanted to see the place for myself and wasn't planning to stop, but decided to chance it anyway as we're already there ANYWAY.... Despite the fact that we were there around lunch time, we got squeezed in (don't bother about privacy and proximity issues here), our drinks ordered and I went to grab a plate of rice and some grilled seafood (self-service) - I managed a helping of grilled stingray and squid along with the usual dipping sauces while the sibling grabbed a whole fish and squid as well.


It was only when I sat down the boy got their system down: they only start writing out your bill when you tuck in and pay when you're done.

According to the sibling, the fish was not bad - not dry, anyway. The squid was a tad rubbery and I thought the stingray was nice. The dipping sauce was pretty damn spicy (for me, the one with mild tolerance to spiciness) but shiok lah; my tongue was still numb for about 15 minutes after that.

Bill came up to RM29 (plus drinks) for the two of us, which sounds a little steep. I don't know.

Had steamboat for dinner at home. Just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment