Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sorta busy Sunday

Woke up around 8 something to get to the temple to do the Cheng Beng rites for the grandfather and great grandmother. The place is under renovation and traffic was bad (not terrible) because of both the Thai New Year (Songkran) and Easter celebrations of the nearby churches (First Baptist and Glad Tidings). At least the boys had fun burning the hell notes and all that stuff. Even my youngest uncle showed up, which is not very often. We finished up quickly.

We made it home pretty quick because we took another way home instead of the direct route past Glad Tidings.

After a brief interlude at home, I drove over to 1U and found a parking spot pretty quickly despite the noon-ish hour, which was a bit odd lah... I wonder if the Easter celebrations have anything to do with it?

Anyway, spent a good few hours there, wasn't really rushing it like I would've normally. Finally had a McDs McValue lunch set - think I'm getting too old to have McDs anymore cos I couldn't finish the last bite of the double cheeseburger. Fries were great as usual. But man, was that place packed.

Stopped by the Stila counter, which was not as crowded as yesterday (from what I heard). Only got an eyeshadow refill (no pan) as someone else beat me to the foundation stick in my shade. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment