Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Coldplay - Strawberry Swing (FULL VIDEO)

Stereogum put up the FULL video of Strawberry Swing that I could finally watch here - thanks to them for that. It was pretty funny - fighting giant squirrels and the animation. There's also a reference to the Viva La Vida album cover art (or rather, the painting that inspired the cover art), and the colourful butterflies in the end that usually gets showered on the audience at their concerts.

Sure, the song sounds a little Beatles-y, the video is also trippy at the same time. I, for one, like the video because it's not a cop-out live performance video - some thought went into it.

The first time I saw the whole thing I had a niggling feeling that I've seen it somewhere before... then I remembered the show, Art Attack - where the host would do his Big Art Attacks in huge spaces... that's what came to mind.



It'll be a while before I ever see it on TV.

They were sitting
They were sitting on the strawberry swing
Every moment was so precious

They were sitting
They were talking under strawberry swing
Everybody was for fighting
Wouldn't want to waste a thing

Cold, cold water bring me round
Now my feet won't touch the ground
Cold, cold water what you say?
When it's such, it's such a perfect day
Such a perfect day

I remember we were walking up to strawberry swing
I can't wait until the morning
Wouldn't want to change a thing

People moving all the time
Inside a perfectly straight line
Don't you wanna just curve away?
When it's such, it's such a perfect day
It's such a perfect day

Ah-ah-ah-ah-iiiiii
Now the sky could be blue I don't mind
Without you it's a waste of time
Could be blue I don't mind
Without you it's a waste of time
Now the sky could be blue could be grey
Without you I'm just miles away
Oh the sky could be blue I don't mind
Without you it's a waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment