Time Out KL has announced on their blog that comedian Russell Peters will be making his way to Malaysia, which apparently was announced on the man's Facebook page. This is huge not just for fans of standup but the the way videos of his standup go viral on YouTube? Dude might actually draw a crowd.
Details for the Singapore gig have been confirmed (Singapore Indoor Stadium on 5 May), so the KL gig (when confirmed) should be around that time too.
Details for the Singapore gig have been confirmed (Singapore Indoor Stadium on 5 May), so the KL gig (when confirmed) should be around that time too.
I saw a special or two on the YouTubes, but he's not my cup of tea, personally - the racial humour comes across as cheap laughs. I'm more the funny, thought-provoking one liner comedians like Demetri Martin and Steven Wright. The guy might not be on my list of favourite standup comics, but depending on where (probably not a public place like a STADIUM) and how much the tickets are (and also, if I'm actually free to go), I might go out of morbid curiousity.
No comments:
Post a Comment