Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kaffa Espresso Bar, Damansara Utama

Was driving the long way (to avoid the inexplicable weekend congestion on the highways) to The Salad Bar for lunch when I saw this coffee place I had never seen before on the same block as the Perodua showroom and I had to go check it out. So I parked round back (cos I was on the outer lane, so I couldn't get parking near there) and looked for it on foot. It's next to the recently (to me, anyway) opened Ryokan Chic boutique hotel.

[Sorry lah, didn't take any pictures; feel free to imagine or look the place up on the interwebs]

I told myself that if anything on the menu looked good and if it's not too busy, maybe I'll stop there for lunch instead. Even though it was about 2 something on a Saturday afternoon, the place was near full capacity with few empty seats. Needing caffeine more than anything else at the time, I decided to order a mocha (RM12) to go. And yes, the barista did manage some foam art.

Whatever food I saw other people partake looked delicious, but I needed caffeine. What I remembered from the menu was that they have the usual selection of espresso-based drinks like cappucino, flat white, long black... and non caffeinated drinks like hot chocolate and homemade lemonade (tempting). Food items available - two salads (Caesar and Greek), some pasta dishes and (dunno why) beef ribs (?!), etc.

I asked if they were open long, only to find out that they've only been open a couple of weeks. Which definitely explains why I never saw it before :P I couldn't find any opening hours anywhere on site, but from what I could gather, it's open until midnight... I think.

As a sucker for decor and ambiance, I'm thinking of going back again, sooner rather than later. That is, if I could find a place to sit if I do, haha.

Service charge applies.
97, Jalan SS21/37, 47400 Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor 

No comments:

Post a Comment