Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 19, 2013 - Happy Mother's Day

After some (alleged) gerrymandering among other things, BN is back in power for another 5 years. People are upset. The big protest rally this week was at the Kelana Stadium in the middle of the week, which was a pretty shitty choice of location because of the lack of parking and shitty traffic there in general. Even people who had no intention of going there got stuck in resulting traffic - the LDP and other nearby roads and highways became a huge carpark with people walking there. 
  • Monday was a state holiday - yay! Drove the sibling to the Bandar Tasik Selatan terminal before stopping by Midvalley City because of the cheaper parking (still a workday in KL). Picked my laptop up at Digital Mall and lunch at Appu Uncle before heading home.
  • Rest of the week was spent putzing about having to renew my passport. I hate doing it when they're changing things up (new passport, but now have to have pictures with white background) and having to take new mug shots :P Some more I took new ones with the blue background already. Could I go back to the same shop and reprint (after some touching up, of course), or just go to immigration and hope that you don't end up with a shitty picture (which happens cos I hate having pictures of myself taken) for 5 years.
  • Found out that The Addams Family Musical is gonna be in Singapore in July. I wonder if I should bother going.
  • Went for this talk I registered for online about sleep and pain at the Macy store in IPC on Sunday afternoon. Lugging around the door gifts (travel mattress and pillow) and walking while waiting for the next shuttle bus home - probably not the best idea ever. First thing Mum asked when she picked me up from the train station was, "You bought that ah?".

No comments:

Post a Comment