Saturday, June 1, 2013

Comedy in the Dark

Out of curiousity, I got a ticket to Comedy in the Dark. So I had a quick lunch at Wendy's and realised that I had no idea that the Studio was on the level above the usual theatre. But that was fine.

Doors only opened at 3 p.m. and it was pitch black inside. It was "you can't see your hand in front of your face" dark. I was with a family of three and the little kid got freaked out by the darkness and couldn't go in. I think she decided to sit it out. The audience members had to be led inside by visually-impaired ushers. Made it to a seat without incident. You could play grab ass (and anywhere else, for that matter) with your significant other and no one would notice.

Some of the audience members got Starbucks coffee, rest of us didn't. Oh well.

Anyhow, it started with the one-liner guy who's material I had heard before but still laughed at some of it anyway. And then there were other audio-only sketches and what not.

They were not kidding when they said it was gonna be a 60 minute show with 30 minutes spent looking for seats :P I felt time had gone by too fast for my liking (and how much I paid for the ticket). 

No comments:

Post a Comment