Friday, December 20, 2013

Jarred Fell in PJ

Bought a ticket the day before pretty much on a whim on the Interwebs. I had nothing else to do for the night and it was only RM40. It also wasn't sold out, so I got a pretty good seat. It's always a little sad to see a half empty theatre. 

Admittedly knew next to nothing about the guy (besides the cursory look on YouTube). I figured the gore stuff, but I didn't watch enough to find out about how erm, not family friendly it got.

When I saw some kids in the foyer waiting for the doors to open before; like them, I also didn't know it was going to be so raunchy. You think that the parents would do the same thing I did and Googled the guy on YouTube. But I think they fell for the "comedy and magic" part. AND... there's nothing on the poster about it being kid-friendly.

One of those kids was seated in front of me, and it was just as amusing watching the kid's reaction to the show in addition to what was happening on stage. But to quote the guy, "Your fault, Mum!" because he was doing a lot of pretty, erm, adult (for lack of a better term, but I think this does it) gestures which cracked the adults up, but must baffle the under-12s in the audience, unless their parents are a pretty liberal bunch, if you know what I mean.

If you've seen David Blaine or Criss Angel specials on TV, you know what you're in for. But this dude's funnier.

All that aside, it was a pretty entertaining 90 minutes for the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment