Saturday, December 28, 2013

Rina Balinese Resort, Senai, Johor

Found this Balinese-themed resort in Johor online and my mum ran with the idea and booked a couple of rooms. 

It's in the middle of farmland and industrial area. The road going there is pretty kampung road and there's no street lighting so it's scary to go out at night. The front gate kind of reminded me of Jurassic Park. There's also a sign saying to call the number posted instead of honking. When we first got there around noon, we were too early for check-in, so we went out to lunch with relatives in Senai and killed the rest of the afternoon in JPO and the nearby, recently opened AEON Kulaijaya, where we had dinner because we didn't want to have to drive out again in the darkness. As we were heading back, they already called to ask if we were actually going to check in (even though we had paid earlier). 











Bed smelt a little weird to me. Room was alright at first glance but I found a cigarette butt in the bathroom and the extra pillows in the cupboard was gross. I also didn't want to look at the pillows that were on the bed either. Probably slept a few hours (even with earplugs in even though it was pretty quiet) until the roosters started crowing way too early and I was sweating for some weird reason. 

Had to check out and leave pretty early because of an early meeting, which must baffle the staff while they made pale toast and we drank 3-in-1 coffee in the dining room/reception area.

The place is pretty enough on the inside I guess. Plenty of animals about. I heard there was also a baboon (caged, not loose) on the premises (which Mum confirmed), but I never saw for myself. They also offer spa treatments, but never got to try them out, so I can't say anything about it.

Cute concept, but the maintenance was lacklustre...

No comments:

Post a Comment