Thursday, April 3, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

No reason needed to want to watch the Captain America sequel, The Winter Soldier. Nah, Chris Evans still doesn't do it for me. 
  • ScarJo's line in the movie about picking up fossils cracked me up. 
  • Okay, is it just me or did they speed up Cap? I'm serious - it's like he's being fastfowarded at least twice the speed every time he moves or fights.
  • I hope Chris Evans (and his stunt double) got a pay raise from the last movie. 
  • They were also not kidding about his fighting style. Really all encompassing. 
  • The Black Widow suggesting women he should ask out in random moments during the movie is freaking hilarious.
  • The Nick Fury car chase scene was badass.
  • If you watch too much TV like I do, you might recognise these faces: Cobie Smulders (HIMYM), Emily VanCamp  (Revenge), Alan Dale (various TV roles) and Danny Pudi (Community)
  • Emily VanCamp's character here is really not that much different from her character on Revenge. But they're both pretty badass. 
  • I suppose it would be a whole less dramatic if Armin Zola's mind was contained in a modern desktop PC or ultrabook in the middle of the bunker.
  • Yay for the Stan Lee cameo! He also had a line, haha. 
  • If nothing else, at least he is not the only defrosted 90-something fossil anymore...?
  • His shield is essentially a very dangerous frisbee to toss around for fun. There, I said it. Speaking of which, how is it that he never loses the thing ever? I mean, really?! It's not a homing falcon..
  • Saw the mid credit stinger, but not the post credits stinger (D'OH!)
Either I'm that easy to amuse, or everyone else in the room didn't get the jokes and references like I did. Hmm. 

Anyway, entertaining from start to finish. Go watch it already.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment