Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Pie Thing, Damansara Utama

Read about A Pie Thing on EatDrinkKL (thanks, Sean :P) and as a fan of dessert and savoury (fruit, not so much) pies, I was stoked. On the plus side: also not too far away from me.

I won't complain about the location because it's not on the same row as some of the other newer eateries in the area that come to life at night, which makes looking for parking a pain. It's the same row as the Maybank, but towards the police station. Easier to find parking after banking and office hours.

Their current hours are from 4 p.m. until they're sold out, so it works if you want to go for dinner but not lunch (not yet, anyway). 

Made a quick stop on Friday to take away a S'more pie (RM9.90). No wonder they asked me if I wanted it warmed up a little: after a short stay in the fridge (was saving it for after dinner), the chocolate had hardened. Oh well. I would give them props (and wouldn't mind the price so much) if the marshmallows on top were home made, which I doubt were. The chocolate used in the S'more pie was milk chocolate (not my favourite, but the taste reminded me of KitKat).

I'd go back to try the Mashacre (savoury pie topped with mash, gravy and peas) and other savoury pies. The pie selection is not bad, but I do wish they have like grasshopper pie and French Silk pie, the latter I miss terribly but can't be arsed to make myself and too cheap to buy the Marie Callendar one in the frozen food section. But that's just me. 

The box the pie came in was also adorable...!
128G, Jalan SS21/35, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment