Monday, June 16, 2014

Quickie Review: Lush Cosmetics Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar

Jumping Juniper, New shampoo bars AUD13.50 - Lush
Jumping Juniper, New shampoo bars AUD13.50 - Lush (Photo credit: avlxyz)
This was my only purchase from the one Lush store I came across in downtown Sydney (don't remember which mall it was, but I remember the store was more subterranean than street level) last September. Mostly because I only had hand carry luggage and I couldn't buy anything else without having to check it in :P

I've never used solid shampoos before and I don't remember if I asked the salesperson how to use it when I bought it or if I had already forgotten by the time I got round to using it, which was MONTHS later... hence the pseudo-review :P

Luckily, a quick Google search was all it took to find out how to use it.. 
Wet both hair and the shampoo bar. Glide the shampoo bar down the length of your hair about three times (right, left and back). Work into a lather and rinse thoroughly. 
Jumping Juniper is supposed to tackle greasy hair, so I can't explain why I bought it considering I don't really have greasy hair. Well okay, I just mostly want to see what the fuss was about.

The smell was okay wrapped in paper, but you don't smell the lavender and rosemary on your head when you use it (okay, I'm not sure if it had anything to do with me using it months after buying).

If nothing else, it lasts a really long time (several months even if you use it daily; (obviously) longer if you don't) if you don't store it in your bathroom but in a "cool, dry place" in between uses as suggested. Which explains why they were trying to upsell me the storage tins, but I didn't take the bait. It fits in the small Muji portable soap dish nicely but it stains the inner foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment