Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ice Cream at Kow Po Coffee House, Bentong

Had to drive to Bentong for a quick office-related errand (literally - was done with said errand in under 10 minutes) a couple weeks ago. While surfing the MP Bentong site, I saw that one of their main tourist attractions was an ice cream parlour called Warung Ais Krim Kow Po Coffee House, I figured, eh why not. It's supposedly famous for their home made, local flavour ice creams like coffee, corn, durian... 

Equipped with ze TomTom device, I got there in not more than an hour via Karak highway on a weekday morning. Can't complain. Except that the car muffler was crapping out (unknown to me then; it has since been replaced) the entire drive, which was a bit unnerving at the time. But got there in one piece. 

Before heading back to KL, I decided to have ice cream at 10 in the morning. Kid you not. One of the few perks of being a grown ass person. As I was looking for parking, there were a group of school kids leaving and boarding their bus, so fortunately the shop was also pretty empty by the time I went in. 




Couldn't really decide what to get, but ended up with their #1 - cendol with scoop of ice cream on top. Went with jagung ice cream. Their cendol was definitely out of the norm as they put pieces of fruit cocktail in the bottom, which takes some getting used to if you're not from Bentong. 


If I ever go back, I would probably not have the cendol or ais kacang again and try the other ice cream flavours available.

Warung Ais Krim Kow Po
2 Bentong Heights, 28700 Bentong, Pahang.
Tel: +609 222 1258

No comments:

Post a Comment