Saturday, June 7, 2014

Wedding at Wesley Methodist KL

Back from my first (and hopefully) only friend wedding of the year - another primary school classmate whom I've not seen in a few years.
I had until 11.30 a.m. to get myself down to Wesley Methodist and because of good traffic going there, I got there with 10 minutes to spare :P And got parking right outside the church. I didn't even know about the parking structure until afters. 

Signed the guest book, dropped the angpau, got a programme, parked the tush and waited for the ceremony to commence. The guest list was pretty diverse - in the sense that there were also hijab-clad older ladies present. The whole ceremony lasted a little over an hour. 

It was only while waiting around to take pictures with the bride and groom after the ceremony, I found out that the only other people I knew in attendance were: 
  • one of the bridesmaids (another primary school classmate, who flew in from Australia for the occasion), 
  • a secondary school classmate (who was in the cell group performance - a medley of Disney love ballads), and
  • another classmate who came with husband and new baby in tow. 
Note to self: It's best to go eat (if there's a meal afterwards) instead of waiting around to take pictures with the bride and groom, especially as friends are already pretty far down the list :P 

The lunch reception on the church grounds had the multigenerational, mass appeal - fried rice, fried bee hoon, couple of chicken dishes, mixed veg, kuih and dessert. Understandably, there was a long line for the roast lamb (which I saw grilling from where I was seated inside the church :P).

I guess I can't complain that I haven't been invited to the dinner reception as there aren't that many primary school classmates to make a table and even if I was, would hate to make small talk with other people at the table the entire night...so thanks mousey for sparing me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment