Monday, July 7, 2014

Omakase Burger, Wisma Atria

One of the items on the list for the day trip was to check out Omakase Burger in Wisma Atria. Their first one was near the Turf Club, but since I wasn't gonna be anywhere near there and this is in city centre.. Because I didn't look up (missed the sign) and I totally forgot that Wisma Atria is between ION and Ngee Ann City, I had to go back up from Ngee Ann. Wisma Atria's got the worse feng shui of all time lah. I supposed if I went via the interlinked tunnels, I would be fine.

What I like about the place was that they ask you how you choose the doneness of your burger, they have different type of fries (usual, beef tallow, sweet potato, truffle) you can choose from. You get a (measly, I feel) $1.90 off a combo meal of (any) burger, drink and fries, but great cos I didn't have to go with the set combo options like it happens when combo meals are offered.

Seating options weren't too great - there were a couple of reserved (?) tables and I had to share a table with the lady who I was holding up earlier in line cos of my indecisiveness.

I only ended up order a normal cheeseburger (medium temp - muy juicy), beef tallow fries (which is only available at that outlet on weekends), and a bottle of Mexican Coke (made with cane sugar, not HFCS). Couldn't really taste the difference in the fries and I couldn't finish both bun and fries because I was stuffed from earlier.. and I found it right after I bought a teh ais from Toast Box cos I needed the caffeine.

In case anyone's wondering, no, it's not halal (since they have a bacon option). But there were Malays there.. I think. Singaporean Malays are refreshingly liberal.

If I end up back there again, I would probably just try the truffle fries and have another bottle of Mexican Coke. 

Mexican Coke + Buzzer
Plain cheeseburger + beef tallow fries
Wisma Atria, 435 Orchard Road
#01-02/03/37-41
Singapore 238877

No comments:

Post a Comment