Thursday, December 8, 2016

2016 Big Bad Wolf Book sale - Preview

This year I was offered a pass for the preview sale (thank you, you know who you are), which admits two adults. Didn't take too long to get a plus-one willing to take leave on a Thursday. We left PJ around 10 something and probably took about 40 something minutes to get there. Parking this year was RM3 on weekdays; had neglected to notice what the weekend rates are, but I won't be surprised if it was RM4. 


So they tore off the little stub on top as we went in. There's the usual basket trolleys, and then there's the adorable supermarket trolleys (not the massive ones you'd find in hypermarkets, but also not the tiny kid ones you see in some supermarkets) this year. They didn't have any supermarket trolleys inside, which was a pity, and had to settle for the usual basket trolley. And yet people still brought their own luggage bags.



Having skipped (at least) the kids section, Malay and Chinese books, it still took me a couple of hours to walk around and speed eyeball the tables. This year's Hong Leong Bank freebie was a bottle of water and a cupcake (which I couldn't take out of the F&B area, so I stuffed them inside my bag to get around that). Also applied for a Hong Leong Bank credit card for the heck of it and got a knockoff Anello bag for my trouble. Now the trouble is getting rid of it. 


Didn't buy much. Put back a couple of books. Because they started using a new Point of Sale (PoS) system this year, I couldn't pay by card and had to pay by cash. I don't know if it was them or Maybank. 

One of the things I notice about this was me not having to go around too many strollers and prams. Or it might have to do with me not hanging around the kids section also...?

Only left around 1 something after lunch next door and Starbucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment