Lost his business. Lost his wife. Now he's losing his mind!Rizal is now a single father looking after three kids on his own! This comedian, once jailed for telling jokes about being Muslim in Malaysia, faces his toughest gig yet: Single Fatherhood.Is he keeping it together? Barely. But the alternative is putting them out on the street. More freedom for him, sure, but then there won’t be a story to tell. A hilarious stand-up show about survival, single parenthood, and trying to do it all, alone!
Went there a little earlier to see if I could find anything for dinner. Ended up at Luna Luna, cos I had never heard of it (they're open in the other malls I don't go to). I guess it was okay, but I don't know if I'd go back.
Managed to make it back to the theatre after dinner. Decided to try the wing seat for the lols. Was sat near a bunch of dudes who smelt like they only shower at night, and had yet to shower that day. Next time I should try the opposite side wing seats - those seats are looked more #foreveralone
Speaking of seats... the sky box seats there looked really high up.
![]() |
| View from the wing seats LOL |
There were two cainis bois opening for him - Chin Chong (yes, it's his actual name) and Ming Yue. I've seen both perform before. Had no idea Chin Chong was also a magician; him producing a glass of wine (?) out of nowhere was kinda cool LOL (or maybe I was just that tired by that point).
I've heard some version of this set during a WIP show at Soulcity Hub back in March, so a lot of the beats were familiar. Still laughed at some of it, though. It's mostly about his life post divorce as a single father to 3 kids (2 not his own), and finding love and religion again despite all that.
In case anyone feels bad for the guy, he has since remarried to someone who's ok with his baggage and trauma.




No comments:
Post a Comment