It's been awhile since I went to a comedy show almost cold. I've come across the occasional Self-Help Singh reels in my algorithm, but otherwise don't know much else about the dude. Didn't have much going on anyway and kinda needed a laugh, so got a ticket few days before. Haven't been to DeStage since the management change, but I haven't forgotten where the ok seats (for me) are. Managed to get an almost unobstructed aisle seat.
Internationally acclaimed comedian Masood Boomgaard brings his signature blend of stand-up comedy, storytelling, satire, and motivational parody to Malaysia. Best known for his globally beloved alter ego, Self-Help Singh, Masood has built an audience of more than 4 million followers worldwide, captivating millions with his hilarious takes on workplace culture, leadership, self-improvement, and the realities of modern life.The Self-Help Singh live experience is a hilarious yet thought-provoking fusion of stand-up comedy, parody, and motivational speaking. Through sharp observations, unconventional life lessons, and laugh-out-loud audience interactions, Masood delivers a show that is both entertaining and surprisingly insightful.Whether you're a professional navigating corporate life, an entrepreneur chasing success, or simply someone who appreciates smart, relatable comedy, An Evening with Masood Boomgaard & Self-Help Singh promises an unforgettable night of laughter, wit, and unconventional wisdom.
Anyway, was kinda early cos wanted to get a couple of things at AEON BIG, meander... and yes, I brought said groceries with me to the show. The guys checking my bag chuckled when I showed them and said "groceries".
If you've been to Nigel Ng's show back in the day, it's kinda like that here where Masood is himself in the first half of the show, and then he would be Self-Help Singh in the second half.
Kinda surprised that people could make an 8 p.m. Friday night show.
First half was ok - he's being himself, talking about his life, family, the age related ailments...no idea he was South African Indian, but ok. He was like he had to be show people who he really was cos people were confusing him with the alter ego.
FWIW, I'm glad there wasn't a drawn out intermission and he went into his alter ego pretty quickly... as fast as a person can put on a kurta and aviators, it seems like.
![]() |
| The guy everyone paid money to see... LOL |



No comments:
Post a Comment