Before I left the house, I was searching through the past week's copies of The Star looking for Popular ads as Popular was giving away a free street directory when you collect all 7 ads which started last Saturday. I only found the last six and I drove over to Gran's (where everyone brings their old newspapers to) to find the first ad somewhere in the pile of old newspapers . Didn't take too long, but I found it. So I parked near the train station and took the train down to KLCC.
Anyway, having already bought the RM2 ticket (which is basically a glossy ad catalogue) a couple of days before, I had to have the thing stamped and a wristband was given before people were allowed in. Checked online at the official Bookfest@Malaysia site before I left: Halls 4 and 5 were where the English books are at as the first three halls are where all the Chinese publishers at, so skipped the latter.
So I redeemed the street directory with the 7 clipped ads and I bought only 3 books in total (as Payless, Big Bookshop started their sales this weekend and BookXcess got new stock in the last week, so...):
- Another copy of Don't Sit on This Book: A Collection of Chinese Taboos by Master Philip Cheong with S.L. Ang (RM29.60) - a book EVERYONE should read.
- Melissa Heckscher: Use This Book! The Only Book You'll Ever Need (RM16.90)
- Rorne Tan : The Bloodihood Story (RM19.90) - only cos the author was there, trying to convince me to buy it. :P But I never really say no to plays, anyway. And you have to check out the blog as it's got the sound effects to go with as you read it.
Also walked past The Star booth (where the AMBP [All Malaysian Bloggers Project] are today), after verifying that I am indeed signed on to the Project, I got a chance at the lucky draw and I ended up with a Prince Caspian postcard set (or something like that; be nice to sell it off as I don't want it) on top of the freebies that the guy was giving away :) Good thing it was all in a red tote bag as the directory was pretty heavy to carry around.
Did some wandering and I had the Sausage, Egg and Cheese on Ciabatta sarnie at Starbucks, washed down with a tall ice Tazo Shaken Tea Lemonade for lunch (although the sarnie's technically a breakfast item, but it's available until 2 p.m., so...). Didn't take too long before I decided to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment