So today I went to Garra Rufa Fish Therapy on Jalan Telawi 4, Bangsar with Pik and fyee (who was the one that really wanted to try, we just tagged along, haha). It was not very crowded, there were only 5 other people in the place when we walked in. Having paid RM38 each and washing the feet first (of chemicals, lotions and such), we found our spots, dipped our feet in and...
HERE COME THE FISHIES, AHHH...!!!Okaylah, so the water's all warm, the fish are pretty gentle grazers, but for people who cannot sit still.... you have to find SOMETHING to do. There's a pile old magazines laid out in one corner that you could leaf through, OR you could just watch the fishies eat the dead skin off your legs...
How does it feel?
It was ticklish for the first minute or two, but you get used to it pretty quickly. The bigger fish looked like they could bite toes off (just kidding), but they're just the bigger version of the small fry. It was (and felt) surreal watching the small fry graze at the skin between the toes.
Are my legs any smoother?
Sure. But if the heels are cracked and you've skin peeling before Doctor Fish saw them, I don't think you should expect it to work miracles on the first try. Don't know if it would be a good idea to apply moisturiser afters.
After that fish feeding session, we ended up at Marmalade for lunch. I ordered the smoked salmon pasta and could barely finish (cos of the cream sauce, which I should've known better; but because it's the same price as the bolognaise... Pik helped finished it as she found that she liked it), Pik ordered a large salad (in a bid to eat healthy, which she also couldn't finish even with me nibbling on it a little), fyee ordered a slice of banoffee cake and a Oreo milkshake to wash it down.
After lunch, we wandered the numerous boutiques in the area before calling it a day. I didn't buy anything.
How does it feel?
It was ticklish for the first minute or two, but you get used to it pretty quickly. The bigger fish looked like they could bite toes off (just kidding), but they're just the bigger version of the small fry. It was (and felt) surreal watching the small fry graze at the skin between the toes.
Are my legs any smoother?
Sure. But if the heels are cracked and you've skin peeling before Doctor Fish saw them, I don't think you should expect it to work miracles on the first try. Don't know if it would be a good idea to apply moisturiser afters.
After that fish feeding session, we ended up at Marmalade for lunch. I ordered the smoked salmon pasta and could barely finish (cos of the cream sauce, which I should've known better; but because it's the same price as the bolognaise... Pik helped finished it as she found that she liked it), Pik ordered a large salad (in a bid to eat healthy, which she also couldn't finish even with me nibbling on it a little), fyee ordered a slice of banoffee cake and a Oreo milkshake to wash it down.
After lunch, we wandered the numerous boutiques in the area before calling it a day. I didn't buy anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment