Was certainly surprised when I got the announcement on Facebook that Sigur Rós will be releasing their fifth studio album Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly), on June 23rd. The first single's already out – Gobbledigook - as well, video and all. (Video's a little explicit –NSFW and all that jazz, it's also on YouTube but some of them are already taken down for "user violations").
The song itself is certainly different from what I've known and loved about their music in the first place.
I can't remember the last time I've heard or used the word "gobbledegook".
According to the press release on sigurros.com, here's the track list for With a buzz...
- Gobbledigook
- Inní mér syngur vitleysingur
- Góðan daginn
- Við spilum endalaust
- Festival
- Með suð í eyrum
- Ára bátur
- Illgresi
- Fljótavík
- Straumnes
- All alright
From the album with no name [( )], the monosyllabic titled album (Takk...), now they've an album with a name that's too long.
Frankly, I'm not sure if I want to buy the album if I see it. Guess I'll have to hear it first.
No comments:
Post a Comment