So Daughtry is performing this weekend at 1Utama (if you can't see them, I'm sure they can be heard within a 5 km radius) and Avril Lavigne's confirmed to make a stop here (her only one in the South East Asia region) late next month. Also not forgetting Panic at the Disco (I'm so "glad" that they dropped the exclamation mark from the name) on 5 August (I just found out), about 3 days after the MTV Asia Awards and SINGfest (where chances of me attending either one is less than 0.0001% at this point).
It sucks that the people that want to see Daughtry have to buy a (selected) freaking Sony Ericsson phone for tickets, so there's a demand for only the tickets at the moment. I'm gonna guess a lot of the sellers are the beng/lian types who would have no idea who they are and where Chris Daughtry came from.
And I still stand by what I've said in the past about Avril Lavigne: she can't sing. Not live, anyway. She sounds close to nothing like on the recorded material. I'm not kidding.... unless she's improved since then....
As for Panic, well... I only know that one song of theirs that's been played on the radio from their first album. I've heard nothing from the latest one (that I'm aware of).
Besides, I rather see Travis, but they'll only be in Singapore for SINGfest and I'm not travelling all the way down for 30 minute set. The rest of the SINGfest lineup is not worth the travelling.
Wouldn't mind Radiohead, but with their stand on touring green, I kinda doubt it.
Also wouldn't mind Sigur Ros, but that's more unlikely than the other two.
Coldplay I don't mind going again, but they're busy touring everywhere else now.
Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
NGL, didn't know that much going into this , but the only marketing I recall was on Late Night with Seth Meyers because the guy who wro...
-
First angmo gig this year. When it was announced that this iteration of MEW was coming to an end (frontman Jonas is leaving to pursue other...
-
Bit of a late post, since this was earlier in the month, so... oh wells. Got my ticket kinda late; kinda kicking myself on missing the earl...
No comments:
Post a Comment