Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday bits and pieces

Stuff for which I have no extra energy to bitch rant about...
  1. Whoever is making Miss USA's evening gowns should stop making them so darn long - they just keep falling over themselves during the pageant, which can't be good for America's image. Check it out here: 2007, 2008. They actually showed the pageant last night on the Hallmark channel - hosted by Mel B and Jerry Springer... that was one sentence I never thought I'd utter.

  2. News of the police roadblocks (and subsequent traffic jams) on most roads into the city centre due to whispers of another fuel price hike protest (among other things) made the front page two days in a row now. Which makes me glad that despite the other shitty things about my job, my commute is not even 15 minutes.

  3. To the people that don't follow my Tweets concerning my health: From the runny nose last week, it has since escalated to a dry cough this week with traces of aforementioned runny nose, and my throat's a little sore from all the coughing hacking like cats expelling hair balls. To add on to all that, my period started yesterday so whenever I cough too hard, more blood flows out. Graphic as that was, it could be worse.

  4. The family's been summoned to celebrate the paternal grandmother's birthday this weekend. For as long as I could remember it has never been a fixed date (my mum can confirm this), but it's usually during the summer months. As my mum would put it, her mother-in-law's birthday is "whenever she feels like having it".

  5. Finally finished listening to the unabridged audio version of Scott Adams's Stick to Drawing Comics, Monkey Brain! Cartoonist Ignores Helpful Advice. Can't wait to get my hands on the print version.

  6. Malaysian radio stations (or at least Hitz.FM) is censoring that new song, Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl... what you'll hear on the radio is "I *blank* a girl/and I like it"... and I'm like, what the hell lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment