Went down to KLCC for a spot of shopping (DUH) as it's the first weekend of the nationwide Mega Sale.
Also wanted to go to Kinokuniya to get a copy of The Twisted Stethoscope (which, according to the author, is only available at Kinokuniya and Borders stores in KL) and to check out the Moleskine promotion (20% off with any other purchase on the same day) going on there (which Azwan nicely mentioned on the Malaysian Bookcrosser forums on Yahoo! Groups).
I started by looking for the Moleskine display. After going round the stationery department a few times, I finally gave up and asked the staff where they were (who pointed me upstairs), I went up to check for myself. I wouldn't pay full price for one of these, but with 20% discount.... maybe lah. (That's the thing with disposable income - disposable by nature)
Then I started looking for the book: I couldn't find the book under the author's name, but with the title I found (and printed out) the book's location; but there was none to be found on the shelf mentioned (which, btw, is at shelf E09-04: HIGHLIGHTS). So I took the printout to the nearest information counter and told the woman there that I don't see the book on the shelf. Thinking that I must be blind or something, she took the printout from me and checked for herself. She was baffled. And THEN I saw a copy on the side of the shelf, took it, thanked her and walked away. It's only RM29.90, AND... it's also got the "20%-discount-with any-other-purchase" sticker on it.
Then I had a mini-crisis of sorts: Can I just pay for them both and get the discounts, or do I really need to get ANOTHER item for each? So I went back to the stationery department and picked out a couple of gift tags (cheapest things to buy for the purpose) if push comes to shove.
I took the stuff upstairs, chose a Moleskine (ultimately picked the Ruled Soft Notebook XL, which is RM93.06 - if I'm gonna pay so much for one, might as well be the biggest one that I could get, right?) and stepped over to the cashier (literally, a few steps away) and asked the guy if I could just pay for both book and Moleskine without having to get other items for the discount(s). He said no need, so I left the tags at the counter (which I neglected to put back.... whoops) and just paid for the two. So I got my 20% discount(s) on both The Twisted Stethoscope (RM23.92) and my Moleskine (RM74.448 or RM74.45), total spent: RM98.35 after the rounding down of RM0.02.
To summarise: 20% discounts on book and Moleskine notebook in Kinokuniya. Yay.
It would be a LONG while before I ever get around to using the Moleskine - so shut up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
NGL, didn't know that much going into this , but the only marketing I recall was on Late Night with Seth Meyers because the guy who wro...
-
First angmo gig this year. When it was announced that this iteration of MEW was coming to an end (frontman Jonas is leaving to pursue other...
-
Bit of a late post, since this was earlier in the month, so... oh wells. Got my ticket kinda late; kinda kicking myself on missing the earl...
No comments:
Post a Comment