Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Short(ish) notes in lieu of actual, meaningful stuff.
  1. FINALLY finished Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Damn weird (and long) book, can't wait for the movie because the side stories make the main narration damn hard to follow. There's also a shit load of footnotes to read because otherwise it would make no sense because of the references made to fictional works. I have an idea as to why it took her a decade to write this book. It should win a prize just for length (paperback's over 1,000 pages).

  2. I finally got round to applying for Public Bank's (DEBIT) Visa Electron card on the first of the month. Lucky for me there's an ongoing promotion at the moment: free for life, first year waived, after that it's based on tiered usage (have to spend RM1,200 and above to not pay the annual fee of RM24). I've been told that processing takes about 3 weeks, after which I get a notice in the mail asking me to bank in at least RM25 into the card (I can't link it to my bank account for security reasons), it'll be about another week before I could finally use it. Long story short, I could only use it properly next month soonest. On a somewhat related note...

  3. Should I really apply for a credit card while I'm still employed? Thanks to my mother, I'm not a big believer in the concept of credit and credit cards (and I really hate owing people money, so don't say banks lah). Need some advice here - so far the only suggestion thrown at me is for me to apply for CIMB's credit card cos it's "free for life". Can't say I'm tempted - only reason this is in the KIV part of my conscious is because the person who threw that at me is a friend who works at CIMB. So... yeah.

  4. Is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out in paperback already or not one? It's been over a year leh - I still need to read the thing properly lah (No, I've still not cracked the plastic wrap on my special edition). I haven't noticed the promotional buntings and stuff that you would normally see in the bookstore.

  5. Office is FINALLY moving this week(end) - last I heard, haha. Pretty sure that it's this weekend as we've been packing stuff into boxes since last week. It'd be damn funny when asshole who signs paycheque comes round next week (as he's been gone since last week) to find the place emptied out and then he calls his long-suffering secretary (think Pepper Potts; aka my super) to ask where everyone (and everything) is. There was anecdotal precedence, too - so won't put it past anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment