Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Saturday - Seoul Garden, 1 Utama

Woke up long before I was ready. But it wasn't a total downer. I made breakfast, managed to squeeze some time online before heading to 1U for lunch/gathering with the collegemates. I also had to remember to put on some makeup so I don't look so teruk in the pictures (knowing that at least ONE person would bring their camera, haha). I was there about an hour earlier to wander around before meeting outside TGI Friday's.

The turn out was not bad - as some other people were still on their way (Mi Ki had to go pick Cheryl up and uncle was woken up by the call one of us made after a very long day at work the day before), we decided to go find someplace to eat while waiting.

As some one who is mostly there not to eat, it was new to me. We ended up at the Korean BBQ/steamboat-y place Seoul Garden (at the suggestion of the guy present at the time). Never having had Korean before, I had my apprehension about it. But I shut up and went along with it. We decided on the barbecue buffet promotion they had. Guess I should be glad that it wasn't too crowded. The six of us decided to take up the 12-top tables, using the extra seats for the bags and the third table for the latecomers.

The burners on each table was enough to hold a small, metal bowl-like receptacle for the soup of choice and the grill around the bowl of soup, which will be heated up for cooking.

Those present decided to just go ahead and makan first lah. One table had the kimchi soup, the other table (the one I was at) had the chicken ginseng soup. So we helped ourselves to the selection of (both un- and marinated) meat and vegetable available. I personally had a lot of the beef and also the green leafed vegetables and took a break here and there before I finally stopped. Pseudo-Atkins diet, haha.

We had a lot of fun eating, talking, gossiping. There was also a drop in - Yin Meng (who I've not seen for AGES) came by also. Even after we paid the bill we were still helping ourselves to the desserts and drinks. We all finally went our seperate ways a few minutes before 6 p.m.

I also got to collect the points on my ONECARD, hahahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment