Tech podcasts (which come with links and show notes)
- Buzz Out Loud from CNet - Pretty entertaining, has a good range of tech news and commentary.
- Diggnation - Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht (TechTV alums) discussing top stories on that social bookmarking site Digg.com (co-founded by Kevin). This is the only video podcast I've got which I play on iTunes itself as I almost forgot how hot Kevin Rose is... Oh, there's also explicit language here, just so you know.
- This Week in Tech (TWiT) - Leo Laporte puts me to sleep, but fortunately he's not alone.. iTunes deems the language of this podcast "clean" which might have something to do with it.
- Chris Evans Drivetime - The Best Bits - Just because.
- Russell Brand - It's not bad...
- The Film Programme - Check the description before downloading; includes interviews and reviews of the latest movies.
- Jonathan Ross - Bits of interviews, etc.
- Weekender - Arts and culture podcast.
- World Book Club - only heard the one with Khaled Hosseini because I've already read The Kite Runner (I still refuse to watch the movie).
- Kitchen Window podcast - Food related podcast
- Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! - News/current events gameshow where the prize seems to be Carl Kasell's voice on their home answering machine. Personally don't recognise half the names mentioned, but it's pretty entertaining if you're up to date on current events and actually listen to NPR.
- Pop Culture podcast - Discussion on the week's pop culture headlines
- Slate's Culture Gabfest - Discuss the week's news and each panelist gives their recommendation for the week.
- Explainer podcast - Daily podcast which answers a question you might want to know based on current events.
- Spoiler Specials - For only if you've seen the movie in question; the latest one being Pineapple Express.
- This American Life - Award winning radio show by Chicago Public Radio. I'd recommend it.
- Savage Love Podcast - The audio version of his sex advice column Savage Love, where people leave voice messages about their sex/relationship problems which are played which Dan (and the occasional medical expert) respond to. I like listening because he would berate the callers when necessary and go a little crazy on them. That, and it's not hard to tell what advice Dan will give the caller : P
No comments:
Post a Comment