Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Whitewashed Movie called 21

Waited some months to watch 21 (it was out in March in the States), I have no idea why I wanted to see this in the first place.

You COULD read the plot on Wikipedia or the other movie spoiler sites, and I can't be arsed to go through it anyway.

Here are some random thoughts watching it though... (may include spoilers, you've been warned)
  • Everytime I see Jim Sturgess on screen, I can't help but think that he'll suddenly break into song...
  • When is Laurence Fishburne gonna beat the crap out of somebody??
  • I can't figure out the appeal of Kate Bosworth aside from her different-coloured eyes, which if you didn't know, you really can't tell unless the light's shining right on her face...... (if you don't believe me, you could see huge ass pictures of her outside the local Coach stores as she's the current spokesperson).
  • If they casted Asian Americans..... what could possibly go wrong?
  • There was this instrumental song that was played in the making out scene which I thought was either Mogwai or Explosions in the Sky.... but I couldn't verify it. Any help would be nice.
  • I've NOOOO idea why they gave the white people top billing while the actual Asian looking people play second fiddle.
To be honest, I was pretty tempted to walk out halfway through, but I was too lazy.

Anyway, it's not that bad for a popcorn movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment