So I'm watching the (delayed) telecast of the Beijing summer games opening ceremony (which starts on 8.08.08 p.m. on 8 August, 2008) on RTM1, which starts 8.30 pm after their damned news. (Yeah, you know what that means - I've missed 22 minutes of the ceremony just because the gahmen station had to disseminate their gahmen sanctioned news items). Only watching it on RTM1 because we don't have the sports package at home.
Anyway, from what I've read about this opening ceremony... it's supposed to be directed by film director Zhang Yi Mou (yeah the one that directed House of Flying Daggers, among others) - so it's supposed to be really colourful cos colour's a thing with the guy.
Wasn't really looking forward to watching cos I wasn't terribly interested in any of the performances that are supposed to happen tonight (Jay Chou, Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman...).
I guess I shouldn't bitch about it so much - at least for once in my lifetime, the Olympics and I are on the same time zone :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
NGL, didn't know that much going into this , but the only marketing I recall was on Late Night with Seth Meyers because the guy who wro...
-
First angmo gig this year. When it was announced that this iteration of MEW was coming to an end (frontman Jonas is leaving to pursue other...
-
Bit of a late post, since this was earlier in the month, so... oh wells. Got my ticket kinda late; kinda kicking myself on missing the earl...
No comments:
Post a Comment