Sunday, October 5, 2008

Was I conned by Gloria Jeans Coffee?

Went to the Gloria Jeans outlet at the Curve on Tuesday night (night before Raya) for the heck of it. That, and I also had the card to stamp and punch.

So I ordered an iced mocha to go... and then I noticed the tiny little sign which says that ladies get half price off drinks and food on Tuesdays (note to self). Thinking that the barista would apply the discount without my having to prompt her about it, so I didn't say anything until after I had to pay FULL PRICE for my drink. When I asked about the ladies discount, the barista was like, "Alaaa... lupa lah... Sorry ye... ", all the while giving me this (I'm pretty sure is an) insincere, goofy grin. The urge to go round the back of the counter to slap her stupid was was there.

The place was not very crowded and thus, barista wasn't very busy. As it was also already 9 something at night, so there's no way the barista still would not have broken fast yet.

Worse part is: it's probably the only one in PJ. (Is the one in SS2 still around?)

No comments:

Post a Comment