Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Celcom: 2 years for RM50? Seriously?

Got this text from Celcom the other day about this "deal" (I'm using the term really loosely) where you could choose to extend your validity for a flat rate of RM30 for a year or RM50 for two when you text back the relevant code and reload either RM30 or RM50 to activate.

The message was on KIV for a few days because I wasn't sure if it was a fake message and I needed the time (and the wind) to google around the for "terms and conditions". I didn't find a whisper of it on Celcom's site, but I did find a thread on the Lowyat forums, which runs a little long but Google will lead you in the right direction.

Deciding that it's legit enough and I needed to reload anyway, I dove right in.

The thing about this is that once you reload, they'll take away the money that YOU JUST PUT IN to pay for the extra long validity. And you need to reload the same amount once over the next 6 months just to keep the extra long validity.

Like say you reloaded RM30 for the year long validity. That amount gets deducted. So then you have to pay another RM30 to keep it. So in short, you're paying RM60 for the year long validity. Which I guess is cheaper in the long run for very light users, who would need to top up when they're running low on credit than because the validity is expiring.

At least from here on out, I don't have to worry about reloading every 30 or 50 days - cos it's until 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment