Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mamma Mia! The Musical

Friend Jacky had two tickets to see Mamma Mia! at Istana Budaya last night. Turns out to be SP Setia's night for business partners, clients, etc. (And no, last time I checked, my friend doesn't work there).

Another night of firsts: First time at Istana Budaya, first stage musical I've seen in my life, which I thankfully don't have to pay for, haha. Cheap is good, free is better, haha... 

Seats were in the upper tier, in the balcony. The kind of seating where you might roll down if you lean too far out. But as long as you can see what's happening on stage, it's okay lah, just that you don't see the faces too clearly. I didn't really hear the singing where I'm sitting cos the music was a little too loud. That, or we were too close to the sound system...

It's like another trip to the theatre la: got 20 minute intermission, curtain call, etc.

I also got swag - notebook (with lyrics), the glossy programme (worth RM35), and some other stuff. Checked out the souvenir stand: tee shirts are from RM60 (O_o), and... I don't remember the rest.

The show is not bad lah, having already seen the movie all, which I know is not the same.

Another one for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment