Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Random Things

Like most outbreaks, it's only a matter of time before it comes my way... so here. This is also on Facebook, but I needed filler. So enjoy.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)


1. I have a blog. I have no problems with anyone reading it, it's on my profile. Whether anyone cares to read it is out of my hands.

2. I've read Vikas Swarup's Q&A a couple of years before Slumdog Millionaire the movie came out and has since been republished as such. Same goes for The Secret Life of Bees and Stormbreaker, among some others.

3. I would like to have a car like KITT so that I could sleep behind the wheel while it does the driving in traffic jams. Then again, it could always recalculate the route or just turbo boost over the jam, haha...

4. I like watching talk shows (daytime or late night), but I mostly watch the monologue and sketch. It depends on who was on that day.

5. I spend my weekends online catching up on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report.

6. I was on Twitter long before Stephen Fry and Jonathan Ross gave it its 5 minutes of fame on the latter's show and the numbers grew like nuts.

7. I can't stand to watch Desperate Housewives and Heroes anymore.

8. I miss Boston Legal and Dirty Sexy Money.

9. I still get a kick out of seeing people's faces when they hear me speak Mandarin for the first time in their presence.

10. I hate talking on the phone if I don't have to, so excuse me if I prefer text messaging or email.

11. I know I shouldn't swear so much, but I keep thinking about that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Malcolm got a stomach ulcer from being so unnaturally nice to people, so...

12. Some of my favourite podcasts : This American Life, Buzz Out Loud, Diggnation and TWiT.tv's Net@Night and Munchcast.

13. I can't believe I'm only halfway through this.

14. I have a copy of the Starbucks Green Apron book and coffee passport.

15. The only reason I'm still single is because people like me don't date, much less have relationships.

16. I see a life of singledom for myself.

17. I hate outdoor jogging. Mall walking is more my sport :p

18. I refuse to pay RM10-12 for a movie. However, you can find me at 1U's TGV some Wednesday nights cos it's RM6.

19. I don't get R&B and hip-hop.

20. I always want to go to Glastonbury, but now I think I'm not cut out for it anymore.

21. I hate the travelling part of travelling - the lines, planes, people, etc.

22. I'm not the greatest traveller.

23. If I were to settle down, I would rather elope than to go through the parade that is the typical Chinese wedding. Urgh.

24. I don't get organised religion.

25. The only self-help book I think people should read is Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. Everything else is rubbish. *Said ala Simon Cowell*

No comments:

Post a Comment