Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 8, 2009 - Week of Procrastination

  • Weather this week: Frigging hot. Even at night Mum likes that it's not cold, but it's too hot for the rest of us. It's only rained about three times, in short bursts.

  • New season of The Amazing Race - woo hoo! They redid the opening credits and the theme song, which I didn't mind that much. Missed on the first half on the TV until I remembered that it might also be on YouTube. Heh. Stunt casting this season: a mother and deaf son pair, midget stuntmen brothers, and a pair of rednecks who had never left the country before.

  • Missed out on getting a ticket to the Coldplay gig in Singapore next month as the good seats are already taken. Don't worry, I'm not upset about that. Next tour, lor... unless they disband in the next few years...

  • Bought three books: Ben Elton's Dead Famous, Sarah Vowell's Assasination Vacation (not sure if I'll get round to reading it, but I guess the sibling might get a kick out of it), and James McGee's Ratcatcher.

  • My copy of Howard Schultz's Pour Your Heart into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time that I ordered from Better World Books arrived in the post Thursday, which was just as well because...

  • First saman this year. The occasional RM50 saman also cheaper than me paying parking everyday. Asked the pater to pay for me cos I can't do it myself (Update: The pater got it down to RM30 - woo hoo!)

  • Thinking about catching the weekend performance of the The Actors Studio@BSC Farewell Gala, but haven't gotten round to getting tickets yet. Meant to on Thursday, then I just plain forgot. No more tickets. Oh well.

  • Also thinking of a day trip to Singapore... or specifically, just Orchard Road. Fly in the morning and take the last flight back. Don't like the place enough to stay too long. Guess I should start writing a shopping list if I want to make the trip worth the effort.

  • Conan's last week as the host of Late Night with Conan O' Brien before he starts his stint as the host of The Tonight Show and before Jimmy Fallon takes over the time slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment