Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week 9, 2009

This week was about planning the quick trip down to Singapore next month. Really quick because I'll be there about 36 hours, give or take a few hours.

Bought a round trip Jetstar ticket (RM153), which I guess is cheaper than say AIR ASIA, and I don't have to go all the way to frikking LCCT also, which is another plus in my book. I would've taken the land route (read: bus), but Dad's volunteered to send me (NOW he say can lah, we both can't say how down the road...) to the airport. With the air option, I leave early and come home later in the evening, which gives me time to sight-see and do some stuff on my to-do/buy list, which so far is...
  • BEN & JERRY'S!!! Not buying the damn handpack pints la, okay... just want a scoop. It's been nearly three years.
  • Non-halal Carl's Jr is what I've got so far - got to find something which actual PIG bacon in it. Cannot remember any other joints that are not halal there and is halal here aside from Hooters...
  • Orchard Road, of course... but specifically, HMV, Kinokuniya and... whatever else I come across there lah.
I'm anxious about the flying is not because of the actual flying, but for a few things:
  1. I've not flown alone in my entire life.
  2. It's been a few years since I've last flown across national borders.
  3. I don't think I'm ever left Changi airport; I'm usually there transit-ing...
Don't even get me started on the money. The ringgit's screwed BIG TIME. 1 Sing dollar is RM2.38!! Damn it!! For the amount I'm thinking of changing, it's a good thing I'm don't plan on staying too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment