Friday, March 27, 2009

Dinner in Sea Park - the "Maybank Mamak"

Dinner/catch up session last night at this stall in Sea Park (behind the Maybank, but the tables go all the way round to it) which is famous for their Indomee goreng, nasi lemak and fried chicken. It's honestly one of those places I've never heard of until suggested by uncle (who had a hankering for the stuff) and a couple of blog posts about the place online. When it comes to makan, Sea Park is probably one of the last places I expected to find myself for meals. 

One can order the noodles come in single or double portions (which I guess means one packet or two) and comes with a fried egg (done sunny side up) on top. I don't get the draw of the place, because their menu consists of stuff that I could probably make for myself at home, except perhaps the sambal and the chicken. The fried chicken I ordered came before the noodles and I started digging in to try it out.

The noodles was not bad lah, but I didn't finish mine because I had already some dinner at home before coming. As for the fried chicken, it was just my luck getting the piece of chicken breast and had to pick through the remains in crappy lighting. As a drumstick and thigh person who would usually not order deep fried chicken outside, I thought the breast was surprisingly juicy and tender and has nice flavour from the marinade. The three way catch up session was cut short because somebody had to go back to work.

Maybe I should go there and try the nasi lemak next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment