Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dave's Deli

Up to yesterday, it's been YEARS since I last stepped into a Dave's Deli (a local makan franchise, like Secret Recipe), much less the one in 1 Utama.

Yes prices have gone up (inflation) and they've done some changes to their menu and decor (it's more family friendly with more family seating of longer tables and benches).

I wasn't hungry enough for their famous quarter chicken meal (though I could see that the sides look good) and I was alone, so I went for the cheapskate's option: their pies.

I wanted a shepherd's pie, but they didn't have any, had a steak and mushroom pie instead.


I could've sworn when the pies used to be bigger and came on a big ROUND plate, almost DROWNING in gravy... (did it also have a scoop of mashed potatoes? I can't remember). Now it's down to like the size you can buy in the supermarket with probably half a ladle of gravy and some peas on top. And that's it.

The pie filling was too hot (microwave too long already, methinks), the crust was tasty, gravy was a tad too salty so I didn't see the point in coating the bite pieces into it, which was why I didn't clean the plate.

But that didn't stop me from finishing it all the same....

The things you do to "buy local"....

No comments:

Post a Comment